Conflicts are important elements in human resources organizations and departments. Conflicts between employees in companies can be productive if the HR manager manages to reap the benefits for the parties.
a) stimulating the improvement of an individual, organization, production, management, etc .;
b) building new values, social norms, etc.
2. Destructive: destabilizing relationships, communication, communication.
These functions can take different forms depending on the characteristics of the people. Reference: “Types of conflicts in organizations: Human Resources Managers challenged“, https://agileprogramming.org/types-of-conflicts-in-organizations-human-resources-managers-challenged/
Influence of conflicts on the personality
Usually, the person is in a state of stress. She is in emotional and physical discomfort. The threshold of sensitivity is raised, the volume of attention is narrowed, and disorders in thought and memory processes appear.
Apathy, alienation, depression, and changes in the motivational sphere (loss of interest in the work and the group) are often observed in the “defeated”. Social and labor activity is declining. They also decrease with the “winner”, as the conflict occupies almost all the attention of the participating countries. Reference: “Conflict Management in Human Resources Management“, https://securityinformationeventmanagement.com/conflict-management-in-human-resources-management/
Many studies have shown an inverse correlation between the parameters of conflict and job satisfaction.
Often after a conflict, there can be a positive impact. It is associated with a decrease in voltage and the release of energy for work. During and after the conflict there are fluctuations in production, an increase in accidents and incidents, and a loss of man-days. Reference: “Human resource management (HRM) as a theory“, https://pgov.org/human-resource-management-hrm-as-a-theory/
Conflict management is a key task of management in the organization
Conflict management is a key task of management in the organization. Management is “a conscious, purposeful change in the state of a system and bringing it to a new equilibrium state.”
The information on which the management of interpersonal conflicts is based is received through two channels:
1) Information about the functioning and development of the group or organization itself (discovery of the state of the organization);
2) Information about the causes of the conflict (discovering the nature of the conflict and its parameters). Reference: “Evolution of the concept of Human Resources Management (HRM)“, https://www.mu7club.com/evolution-of-the-concept-of-human-resources-management-hrm/
The information should reach the management from below, it should analyze it and prepare in advance a strategy for resolving the conflict, taking into account the causes and consequences that may arise.
The literature identifies 3 functions (forms) of conflict management (the main requirement is that the subject of management is out of the conflict situation!):
a) Conflict prevention (focused on the impact on the causes);
b) Conflict resolution (it is necessary to know to what extent the conflict process is a component of the development and functioning of the group – the interaction between causes, conditions, and resolution is observed); Reference: “Development of the Human Resources Management (HRM) concept“, https://customer-service-us.com/development-of-the-human-resources-management-hrm-concept/
c) Elimination of the conflict (complete elimination of opposition; the conformity of the parties must be analyzed in advance – to what extent one of the parties can accept an opinion “from outside”, on the other side, or is ready to compromise).
The conflict is of great importance as a factor in the deterioration of the climate in the group. Leaving it to develop on its own can last a long time and leave lasting consequences on the organization. That is why conflicts must be managed. But for leaders to be involved in conflict management, they need to be prepared accordingly. The information about the processes in the group must be reliable. Reference: “Objectives of Human Resources Management (HRM)“, https://www.powerhp.net/objectives-of-human-resources-management-hrm/
- Reference: “Methods for human resources and personnel management“, https://managerspost.com/methods-for-human-resources-and-personnel-management/
- Reference: “Example of Human Resources plan of an IT / Software company”, https://www.islandjournal.net/example-of-human-resources-plan-of-an-it-software-company/
- Reference: “Get a Human Resources Manager certificate with a good training course”, https://eduwiki.me/get-a-human-resources-manager-certificate-with-a-good-training-course/
- Reference: “Human resources policies in the field of social protection”, https://mstsnl.net/human-resources-policies-in-the-field-of-social-protection/
- Reference: “Human resources management concept“, https://www.muzonet.com/human-resources-management-concept/
- Reference: “How to make a Human Resources plan for our organization”, https://mpmu.org/how-to-make-a-human-resources-plan-for-our-organization/
- Reference: “Human resource management plan in project management practices”, https://bpedia.org/human-resource-management-plan-in-project-management-practices/
There are various tools for conflict management:
The first form (conflict prevention) works best. It is most effective because it reduces the duration of the conflict, stops it at the beginning, and prevents the deepening of negative relations between the parties.
Conflict resolution itself is also a process in several stages:
- 1. Clarification of the positions of both parties.
- 2. Expanding the opportunities and alternatives of individual countries.
- 3. Narrowing the alternatives and choosing points of contact.
- 4. Discovering the common interest of both parties.
In resolving the process, it is played out by a person “external to the conflict” who is familiar with the process and is competent (and “recognized” by both parties to the conflict).